Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Grove City Area Firefighter Dies from Injuries in the Line of Duty

Friends-

I just wanted to pass on some sad news in my neck of the woods. On Friday, there was a fire in the borough of Grove City. One woman died in the fire and two firefighters were injured. One is okay with minor burns. The other died this morning at 5:55 in Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh.

The fighter was Brad Holmes of the Pine Township VFD. He was only 21. He was a senior at Slippery Rock University.

Please pray for the family – they are reeling at this time. Not only did they lose Brad, but Brad’s grandfather coincidentally died of heart failure on Friday.

I know there are some first responders that read my blog. As soon as I hear any funeral arrangements, I’ll be sure to pass them on.

Also pray for the others affected by the fire. The house was a duplex: a man and his girlfriend (the one who died) on one side, and a woman and her young child on the other side. They lost everything.

Different funds are being set up around town to aid all of the victims.

Thanks for your support.

No comments: