We Are Upgrading Equipment
You may have received notification about an upcoming planned power outage. As we upgrade our electricity infrastructure with smarter technologies and perform important maintenance, sometimes it’s necessary to turn off the power. This is an important safety measure that protects our crews.
Our goal has always been to provide you with reliable electric service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are committed to minimizing the inconvenience to you and your neighbors, and we plan our upgrade work to cause the least possible disruption.
About the Planned Outage
We are replacing a 69,000 volt transformer in our electrical substation. The power to the entire Borough will need to be disrupted while the new transformer is placed into service and routine maintenance to our switch gear is performed. Your power service will be turned off at 5AM on Sunday, January 8 , 2012 for approximately two hours while this work is completed.
During a planned outage, your power may be off for less time than expected, or it may be turned off and on more than once within the planned window of time.
How to Prepare for a Planned Outage:
- Learn how to manually open your garage doors.
- Notify any security companies that monitor your home.
- Protect your computers, televisions and other sensitive equipment by unplugging them.
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer doors securely closed.
- If your business has no backup power supply, consider renting one. Please note that the Borough cannot reimburse you for this cost.
- This outage may affect your private telephone system. Make sure you have access to a telephone that operates without being plugged into an electrical outlet.
Questions about Planned Outages?
If you have questions about this notice you may call the Borough Office at 724-458-7060. We appreciate your patience as we upgrade our infrastructure to provide you with a bright future of reliable service.